PDA

View Full Version : "Banking High"

Gus Cobos
12-17-2009, 08:00 PM
“Banking High”

I was watching this fellow gliding from far away, and headed in my direction. He is a resident of Wakodahatchee Wetlands located in West Palm Beach Florida. He was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4D - IF-ED , with a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.
<O:p</O:p

Image Solution:
focal length @ 300mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/1,250sec. - f/11 / exposure comp @ +0.7EV / ISO @ 800 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ AF - C / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient lighting / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform – hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Harshad Barve
12-17-2009, 08:53 PM
lovely bankning pose , nice wing spread and details ,
TFS

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Sweet bank and lots of detail !!! My favorite flight position to capture !! ... don't get many chances like that over at Waco !!! Big Congrats !!

Did you have to use shadow/highlight? Exposure comps seems to be just right, see a halo around the wings.

Jeff Cashdollar
12-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Image is framed beautiful (great vertical) and the bird is in a fantastic attack or discovery position - great moment in the life of nature. Fast on the trigger Gus, full wing spread, tail fan, head forward in aggressive attack position,..what a sight!!

Bill McCrystyn
12-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Very nice bank Gus. You pulled the trigger just at the right moment. Dynamic and colorful. I really like it.

Lance Peters
12-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Hi Gus - love those wings and the flight pose - do see the Halo AL mentioned.
:)

Richard Waas
12-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Beautiful capture Gus. Agree on the halo, but other than that, just fabulous..... I'm back in town, so let's get together.....