PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone springs lake

Fabs Forns
12-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Sorry guys, I forgot the name, it's close to Mammoth, hidden behind bushes. Something or other Springs.
A 5 image HDR, straightened to the best of my ability. I see I need to work on evening the top sky after I darkened the borders.
Here's the EXIF of the darkest one:

Time: 9:33:02 AM
Model: NIKON D3
Lens (mm): 24
ISO: 200
Aperture: 22
Shutter: 1/200
Exp. Comp.: -2.3

Dave Mills
12-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi Fabs, Nice light,good reflection and just enough foreground. Well framed!
If this were mine I would take out the merge of the grass and reflection...

Ákos Lumnitzer
12-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I like the comp and the colors are really strong. Nice one. I trust you straightened it well. The curved shoreline on the far side gives a tilted appearance. :) Love it!

Robert Amoruso
12-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I like the vibrant colors. Dave had a good catch.

I tried a reverse s-curve (luminosity blending mode) and IMO made the image more pleasing as it tones down the contrast and reveals more detail in the rather bright peak.

Ed Cordes
12-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Yellowstone is one of my favorite places. This is one reason why. I don't remember the name either. I agree about removing the grass form the reflection.

Roman Kurywczak
12-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Fabs,
I'm liking the vibrance and colors of the image as presented (but then again I usually do!) The curves of the shoreline leading to the ditant mountain form a very pleasing comp and brings us back nicely to the flow of mamoth hot springs. The grass removal would help but isn't a image killer. Very well done and a bit of a different perspective.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Nice job Fabs, colors and comp are awesome.