PDA

View Full Version : Rice Paper BF

Don Lacy
12-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Here is an older image I reworked today taken at Butterfly World, I believe it is a Rice Paper BF but I could be wrong on the ID. Some may not like the tight comp but I like how you can see the scales on the wings when you get in close.

30D, 300f/4 IS, 1/250 at f/4, Aperture Priority, Evaluative Metered,

Anita Bower
12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
My eye focuses on the head and upper torso (?) area, I think because of their placement and the sharp black and white colors. I like the tight crop. After reading your comments, I looked at the wings more carefully.

Julie Kenward
12-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I love it, Don! It's very eye catching and it makes me wonder if you've tried it in black and white as a high key image? Love the close crop - very "in your face" and it's so lovely to look at. I really like the yellow tint to the light that is filtering through the wings.

Jerry van Dijk
12-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Hi Don, wonderful butterfly. I like the details on the wings you mention. I also like how all the lines in the image point towards the butterfly's head. I would consider cropping a little from the bottom and if possible would try to make the diagonal of the antennae point more into the UR corner.

Ed Cordes
12-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I like the unusual comp as it places emphasis on the wonderfully detailed head and body.

caseyargall
01-11-2010, 12:28 AM
I actually really like the comp, also great detail. nice bg too.