PDA

View Full Version : Angry Mallard

Caspar Davis
12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
I took this one at Bear River NWR by Great Salt Lake in April.

I have read that "story" comes pretty low in image critiques, but I like the obvious story in this one. A moment after the heron landed, harmony was restored, and I have another picture showing that.

I have lightened the mallard's head as much as I could and removed some reeds around it's head with the healing brush tool and the brush tool.

Canon XSiShutter speed: 1/500 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Program
Exposure compensation: +1
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Center-weighted average
ISO: 200
Lens: EF100-400mm
Focal length: 400mm

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

kostas nianiopoulos
12-17-2009, 03:40 PM
verry good image Caspar . well done .

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Caspar I like it as presented, would only crop some of the top, don't need all that space up there. Excellent interaction and the GBH sure looks nice, good detail throughout !!!

... having the Blue looking at the duck would have been neat !!! Excellent image !!!

Gus Cobos
12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi Casper,
This is a sweet action photo...I like the characters in the play of life...its well seen. My only suggestion is to crop 1/4 from the top to make it into a pano, thus placing more attention on the action...good show...:):cool:

Anita Rakestraw
12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Agree with the comments and suggestions already made; and love the "story!"

Lance Peters
12-18-2009, 12:52 AM
hi caspar - love the story - agree with the cropping suggestion - more of a pano feel is the way to go.
Good show:)