PDA

View Full Version : Grand Tetons and Cabin

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 12:43 PM
A much photographed cabin with the Tetons as its bg. Can go back again and again since conditions change and makes it look different. This is a three image HDR with a 1DMk3 and 17-40 ISO400

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Caspar Davis
12-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Beautiful. I love the sky and the mood.

I notice that skyline is just about half way, and I like it. Despite the 1/3 rule, I find that I often prefer half and half or thereabouts.

The top of the cabin seems just a bit dark to me, or perhaps the bottom a bit light - in any event I don't understand the contrast between top and bottom of it, and find that the mystery draws my attention.

What is HDR?

Thank you for this dramatic image.

Jay Gould
12-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I like it!

The dark and forboding sky properly darkens the roof and the walls under the roof overhang are perfectly exposed and complimentary to the golden foreground.

TFS; keep 'em coming. :D

VinceRossi
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I have been to the Tetons and this pic makes me feel like I am back there, Thanks for the FREE Trip.

kostas nianiopoulos
12-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Exellent HDR image , i love the way looks , sky dramatic , and the other part has warm color ... well done .

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Caspar We were having some shadow blocking so we went for a simple three image HDR, processing was done photorealistic. We did lots of those particularly during the day with stronger light !!

Midline wise I was torn ... don't like it in the middle but could not get away without it, the original frame in camera has a little more foreground.

Lance Peters
12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi AL - absolutely gorgeous - have seen many pics of this cabin.
If it were mine (Wish it was) I would clone out the little bit of concrete wall on the lower RHS.

Love it - who owns it?? Can you stay there???

David Thomasson
12-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Nice, Alfred. The composition is right on, and the clouds and light conspired to create a beautifully somber mood. Solid A on this one. :)

The only think I might do in post is shift the light away from the near foreground and a little more onto the cabin and trees That seems
to pull my eye into the image without dwelling on the brighter foreground.

animated gif ...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4233/tetons.gif

Gus Cobos
12-17-2009, 06:20 PM
This is really sweet Mr. Forns...the enire place pops out at you. The dynamic color range is superb...can I stay there for a week???:D

kostas nianiopoulos
12-17-2009, 07:18 PM
This is really sweet Mr. Forns...the enire place pops out at you. The dynamic color range is superb...can I stay there for a week???:D

take me with you when you go Gus

Anita Rakestraw
12-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Beautiful, and recognized it immediately!! I do think David's repost with the change of lighting improves it.

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Big Difference David !! Love the changes ..... your good !!! :)

Jay Gould
12-18-2009, 04:30 AM
David, you are a magician!!

Albert, how much per week?

Love, it!

Richard Waas
12-18-2009, 06:28 PM
David, you da man... I love the animated GIF. What a great teaching tool. Al, the image is sweet and I can't wait to get there on my trip up to Alaska. We're in the planning stage of a 3-4 month motorhome trip..... Listen to me, just got back from a 6 week trip and planning another one! Maybe we can all meet up on the Columbia Ice Fields.

Jeff Cashdollar
12-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Agree with comments above strong picture for 3 HDR images, love the sky!