PDA

View Full Version : Ring-billed gull

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-17-2009, 11:31 AM
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10357614-lg.jpg

40D. 400 f/5.6. iso 320. f/7.1. 1/2000. Full frame with canvas added left and right. I am practising flight photography with my new 400 on these gulls. They are right there on a lake in our community. walking distance.

Light angle was not ideal. One question for you experts. In such a shot with such wing position, what would be considered a good head angle? I know the head-on works great for owls and other raptors to a certain extent....but not sure about gulls. Thanks in advance.

Mital Patel
12-17-2009, 01:06 PM
wonderful capture in given circumstances. i would consider the bird more left from you as what the light angle here is but head turned towards you . but come-on KD we cant really make this happen by ordering the bird and in flight adjust ourself for that angle almost impossible as then bird will fly away from you by the time you mange to get angle. so for BIF i would say whatever you get keep getting untill you reach the perfect moment. keep on brother.

Axel Hildebrandt
12-17-2009, 08:39 PM
I like the incoming pose and sharpness and would try to lighten the parts that are not sunlit.

Kiran Poonacha
12-18-2009, 06:34 AM
loved the pose KD, like the tight compo too..