PDA

View Full Version : Smokestacks In The Night

kostas nianiopoulos
12-17-2009, 06:16 AM
http://www.imagevimage.com/images/sdsdvsv.jpg (http://www.imagevimage.com/)

Few words for the history.
the athenian factory of the french gas was founded in 1857 , the time when the industrial revolution began emerge in the newly established Greek State wich was merely three decades old . it is the 3d oldest factory of gas in the world , 30-40 minutes away from acropolis by walking .

just a tini crop , topaz denoise , 2 of the stackes are fakes (made by the method of layers ) 2 layers at the black area , some saturation , contrast. clone tool .

canon eos 50d
shutter speed 1/4
lens aperture 4
focal length 24mm
iso speed 3200
metering mode matrix

thanks for your time .

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
12-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Thank you for sharing the history. Very nice work the stack, couldn't tell it was fake if you didn't disclose. I might tone down saturation a bit, but that personal taste.

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Excellent PS work Kostas !!!

Well captured and like the overall feel !!! All elements go so well together and the slow shutter speed just takes it over the top !! Very creative !!!!

Caspar Davis
12-17-2009, 01:57 PM
It's certainly dramatic and unusual. The saturation is pretty intense, but it creates an interesting mood. I like it.

Caspar

Anita Rakestraw
12-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Very interesting image, Kostas, definitely caught my eye! I like. :) Also enjoyed the history. I'm curious why you added more stacks.....balance? Also curious why the light side of the stacks falls on the left on 3 of them, but on the right on the 4th....? The light trails in the foreground sure add to the image.

kostas nianiopoulos
12-17-2009, 05:41 PM
thank u so much all for the replys ... i like to be here i feel like im with friends , and i think my feeling is true .. Anita to tell u the truth , there is not why i do some things some times .. is the way i feel , some times i do things just from feeling , u may blame for this if u wish , but some times , i follow my heart ... thank u so much for the replys any way .

Gus Cobos
12-17-2009, 06:17 PM
My friend Kostas,
This image and capture is over the top...I like the color rendition and the traffic blur due to the slow shutter speed...well done, proud of you...:cool:

Anita Rakestraw
12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
thank u so much all for the replys ... i like to be here i feel like im with friends , and i think my feeling is true .. Anita to tell u the truth , there is not why i do some things some times .. is the way i feel , some times i do things just from feeling , u may blame for this if u wish , but some times , i follow my heart ... thank u so much for the replys any way .

Thanks for your reply to my questions, Kostas. Sometimes I like to hear what the photographer was thinking, I might learn something! ;) But sometimes, we just go by feel, don't we; and that's fine.

kostas nianiopoulos
12-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks for your reply to my questions, Kostas. Sometimes I like to hear what the photographer was thinking, I might learn something! ;) But sometimes, we just go by feel, don't we; and that's fine.

yes Anita indeed , you are right .. feeling is great ..

Richard Waas
12-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Nice job Kostas.... I love the over saturated look and your PS work is outstanding. The slow shutter speed was a great touch!! Congrats.......

kostas nianiopoulos
12-19-2009, 04:46 AM
thank u richard ... i see that a som persons talks about the saturation for this image ... i have to say that i have rise it only a bit ... the color is almost natural .. under the smokestacks there is red spot lights , and they are lighting straight up the stacks thats why they get this color...

Jeff Cashdollar
12-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I really like this picture and the post-production work is great!

The colors against the black sky are fantastic.