PDA

View Full Version : Tricolored Heron Flight Capture

WIlliam Maroldo
12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
SonyA700~Sony70-400G@400mm~ISO800~F5.6~1/1250 sec~manual exposure~overcast~12-13-2009~Brays Bayou, Houston, Texas~CS4
Although the soft light didn't help bring out detail as much as I would like, I didn't have to deal with nasty shadows!
Just noticed a hairline halo, could have been from JPEG conversion. Oh well.
comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

Gus Cobos
12-17-2009, 05:44 AM
I like the sweet golden light Bill,
It has a pink hue quality to it. You have very good feather detail a nice sharp eye and good head angle. I like the semi pano crop and the low flight angle. I would suggest giving him more flight room to the right of the frame. Looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
12-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Agree with your self critique about details and shadow. Love the soft color of this one, just wish that the wing is more full down and head angle is not slightly away.

kostas nianiopoulos
12-17-2009, 08:04 AM
exellent !

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi Bill

The flight pose looks mighty fine with the wings on the full downstroke, sharp and well timed. Processing wise it is over saturated, look at the yellow on the legs, white cast on white wing area and over done neck feathers.

Do find it appealing as presented ... sometimes different is good !!

Lance Peters
12-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi Bill - agree with the above comments - does look over PP to me for my tastes.
Fine flight image though - good HA, eye contact, wing position - lots to like here.
Good show :)

Bill Dix
12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Terrific image. The golden reflected light on the underwing is amazing. Granted, it's oversaturated, but it makes a very appealing image. Wing position looks good to my eye, but I agree about a bit of flying room on the right. A beautiful capture of a lovely bird.

WIlliam Maroldo
12-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I appreciate the feedback! I am in total agreement with a saturation problem, and wonder how I missed it and how obvious it is when pointed out by Al and others. Therefore I have posted the image with saturation lowered where it should have been in the first place. Contrary to how the image appeared originally it was overcast and there was no "golden glow" from the sun. regards~Bill

Anita Rakestraw
12-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Very nice repost, Bill, and all-around lovely image!

Ray Rozema
12-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Beautiful image great detail and color . I find the dark area across the bottom a little distracting might consider slight crop. I would beproud to have as mine. TFS

Richard Waas
12-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Bill, this is why I love posting here. Another set of eyes is great to have. We look at our images until our eyes our blurry and then we post. When we get the feedback it becomes so obvious. What were we thinking..... hehehe. Great capture! I agree with a wee bit more room on the right side. Good show!!!