Canon 7D & 500MM f/4/L
1/400
f/4.0
HH
ISO=400

LRII

Gus Cobos
12-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I like the silhouette and the patten of the branches contrasting with the high-key background Mr. Cashdollar. Your subject serves as an anchoring point in this balanced composition. Just one suggestion to put this fine image over the top...I would clone out the little solitary branch on the lower right side of the frame, and the two broken one to the top right hand corner...congrats...:):cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
12-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks Gus, great points.

kostas nianiopoulos
12-17-2009, 06:22 AM
i like the silhouette and branches around Jeff , good image , well done .

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi Jeff Fine looking image !!!

First thing I thought was to remove the one branch Gus mentions. .... and I also thought this might work !!! One of the few instances I would like a bird looking out of the frame.

Caspar Davis
12-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I like it without the branches mentioned by Gus, but otherwise I think I prefer the patterns created by Jeff's original crop.

Phil Ertel
12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Jeff, I like this image. Both your and Gus's compositions work for me. Always nice to have options. Although I like the subtle color in the sky I was wondering how this would look as a black and white. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Jeff Cashdollar
12-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey Al,..

The composition you selected was one of the exact options I had too. I opted to use the broader look but feel good that at least we were on the same page for a moment.

Phil, I agree B&W would be killer. I might purchase the CS4 plug-in (color Efex??) and play with that as well. I realize it can be produced in B&W in PS w/o the plug in too, just thought it might be fun to download and play - thanks for the good feedback.