PDA

View Full Version : Gull

VinceRossi
12-16-2009, 06:47 PM
A lot of people don't shoot gulls, but sometimes you just have to take what you can get.

Automatic Speed setting
1/2000
F8
280mm
ISO 280
Ex = 0

Desmond Chan
12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Sharp eye, nice blue color in the sky. Have to say I'm seeing a lot of pp marks both on the gull and in the background. It could be the result of your artistic decision though.

Just saw your answer to my Gull in Flight by Topaz post. If you want to run your photo through Tapaz Adjust but still want to maintain a ..."normal" look of a photograph, use small adjustments. Your photo here seems to need some tweaking with the "highlight" slider under "Exposure". I'm learning Topaz Adjust by trial and error, too.

Alfred Forns
12-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Agree on the PS marks but you came up with one nice looking sky !! Like it a lot !!

Bird is sharp well exposed and has a 3D look !! Would rather have a different wing position, not a fan of bent wings !!! Nothing wrong with shooting gulls, can make some compelling images with those birds !!! Should not be overlooked ... remember always go for best available !!!

Gus Cobos
12-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Vince,
I like the capture, and applied processing effect. You have sharp details and a sky that compliments your subject very well. Keep them coming...:cool:

Lance Peters
12-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Vince - all covered by the remarks above - a little food and these guys will happily perform for you for hours.
Great practice for exposure and flight positions etc.
Looking forward to seeing more :)

VinceRossi
12-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for all the comments. I will see if I can put some more up.