PDA

View Full Version : Nubble Waves

Roman Kurywczak
02-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Another of my non nature landscape shots. Long exposure on E100VS film with the EOS3 body. No other settings available except........probably shot at f22 with 3 - .9Lee (3stops) ND filters stacked, for a total of 9 stops. Nikon coolscan 400ED and normal CS2 corrections.
As always, comments appreciated,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Jim Poor
02-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Very nice scenic. It looks to me like maybe some perspective correction would be good for the lighthouse. It seems like it is falling backwards. The red (buoys?) don't do much for the image at this size and I would clone them out.

Ed Cordes
02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Lovely water. Lighthouse did look a bit curved to me as well. I like the blue feel with just a touch of pink in the whites.

Robert Amoruso
02-18-2008, 06:18 AM
I like the composition and the shutter speed looks right for the water blur. Color cast is interesting in that it works for the image but is probably not representative of the actual conditions could be removed. Leaning lighthouse mentioned.

Grady Weed
02-18-2008, 07:53 PM
I have photographed this lighthouse many many times. The color as represented here is not true at all. I do like the water blur however. This paricular lighthouse is very difficult to find a good spot to make it look good in any light. It has terrible weather for the most part. Some of the biggest waves up here come in right in this scene. Caution is needed when phographing this one in winter or a storm. A nice attempt here, but some very definite corrections are needed.