PDA

View Full Version : Back Yard Bobcat

Dave Walz
12-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Here is a picture of one of our local predators. I believe this is the same bobcat the was just a cub last summer. Sometimes Momma still hunts with it.

Cannon 5D Mark II
500 mm f4 lens w/ 1.4 extender
Comments are appreciated.

Alfred Forns
12-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Good looking cat and not easy to photograph !!!

Wold give a little room all around if you have it and increase contrast a bit, sure hope you have other encounters. Tough bg but one image I would not mind having !!!

Dave Walz
12-16-2009, 08:40 AM
The background is rough. This cat tend to hide on the edge of the underbrush, in the shade. I had a tough time with exposure. You know i agree about giving more room around the edge. It is a weakness of mine that I just want to show the subject and not his environment. It is something that I will just have to work on. I have several other Bobcat pictures on my website at
myphotographybydave.com check them out if you get a chance.

Marc Mol
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Great capture Dave with what I believe is not a common sighting these days in the US?
TFS

Danny J Brown
12-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi Dave - Thanks for sharing this bobcat image. Not the best of conditions but I love to see any image of a critter that has eluded me forever. Look forward to seeing more of this guy.

Fabs Forns
12-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Very nice capture that would benefit from a bot more contrast or increasing the midtones. Thanks for sharing and you could take advantage of our size limits to make the image bigger for posting.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree with the comments above. Great sighting. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ed Cordes
12-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Great opportunity. We have a family behind us, but they are so elusive we only hear them never see them. I agree about more room.