PDA

View Full Version : Wildflower Pasture...

Charles Wesley
12-15-2009, 07:38 PM
I drove by this collection of wildflowers and started shooting one day. Not sure if there's too much information here. It's: I like this shot, no I don't, well maybe. Like the vivid colors and contrast was just frustrated with all the flowers on a windy day.

Canon EOS- 1D, EF 100- 400 mm. f/4.5- 5.6 IS zoom and tripod. My exposure was 1/90 sec. @ f/ 8.0 ISO 320.

Enjoy...

Charles Wesley
12-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry,

I lost the image.

Charlie

Jerry van Dijk
12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Charlie, looks like a pretty meadow to me. I love the colors on this one and the occasional red poppy makes an interesting pattern. I think the DOF is also very suitable. I can imagine your doubts. The image conveys a nice atmosphere, but it's missing something to grab your attention, a clear subject. I've seen images like this with one or two flowers more prominently in the FG, which could provide a point of attention.

Julie Kenward
12-17-2009, 07:26 PM
It does kind of lack a resting point for the eyes but I still really like it! It feels very natural and I get the feeling I'm about to take a step right into the image.

The one main pink poppy does kind of hold my interest but I think it might be more powerful if it didn't have that other pink flower right below it. Possibly a little cloning if you aren't adverse to that might make it even stronger. I love the color combination and the way some flowers are in and some are out of focus. I also like how the light is more prominent in the front half of the image.

Have you considered trying a paintbrush effect to see if you could get it to look like a Monet? I bet it would work beautifully here!

Charles Wesley
12-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Jules,

Like the idea of using the cloning tool on the one pink poppy below. Will investigate the paintbrush technique. I do like Monet.

Thanks for the suggestions...

Don Lacy
12-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi Charlie, I think if you could isolated one red poppy against the blue flowers this would have given the viewers eyes something to settle on and made the image much stronger. As is I think a pano crop eliminating the OOF flowers at the top of the frame would also work.