PDA

View Full Version : Reddish Egret Portrait

Blake Shadle
01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
This is my first image post in the Avian galleries! I can't believe I found the time :D I made this image a couple months back out at North Beach, Ft. Desoto.

Comments welcomed and appreciated!

Shooting Solution
Camera: Nikon D200
Lens: Sigma 500 f/4.5 + Kenko 1.4X TC
Manual Exposure, 1/1250 @ f/6.3
ISO 400, Handheld, Manual focus

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I can imagine that you are not exactly bored these days. :) I like the light and complementary BG. The plumage looks a bit oversharpened on my monitor.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi Blake glad you found a moment to post but I am surprised !!!! Beautiful portrait with wonderful lighting and a killer BG. No nits for me.

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I like the nice colour in the BG, perfect exposure, I do see a little sharpening halo around his beak and I myself, would clone out one of the catchlights. But not too shabby for an Overlord. ;)

Arthur Morris
01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Slackard! Get back to work. And don't forget the BAA Store while you are at it! Lovely photo of a bird with an ugleeeee bill and a messed up face. Love the background and the compositon.

later and love and keep up the great word.

artie

ps: One big name from another site e-mailed and said that he did not know how one forum (BPN) could look so much better than another... That means that you are kickin' butt!

DanWalters
01-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Really like the colors and the clean background.

Linda Robbins
01-02-2008, 09:20 PM
O.K. Blake, your two-minute break is over....back to work! All your work has certainly paid off....the site is beautiful!

Very nice portrait with a lovely background. If your ethics allow, you could clean up the bill a bit and could use the patch tool to fill in the semi-bald patches above the bill and near the eye to make him more handsome.

Linda

Glenn Bartley
01-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Fantastic portrait. It might be a touch unsharpened?