PDA

View Full Version : Gull in Flight by Topaz

Desmond Chan
12-15-2009, 03:46 AM
OK, this photo is not really for critique but if you wish, feel free :)

I don't now if any of you have tried Topaz Adjust, I've been playing with it with different kind of images since I bought it early this month. So far I have to say this seems to be a very powerful plug-in. This photo was processed with Topaz Adjust 3 after adjusting the basic stuff like exposure, recovery, clarity, sharpening, etc. in ACR. For bird and wild life photos, the minimum the Topaz Adjust can do to the images is enhancing the details. By adjusting the exposure in Topaz, you perhaps can forget about using "shadows/highlights" command in Photoshop or Lightroom I suppose. This one I even did the noise reduction in Topaz Adjust. After that, I ran it through high pass and that was it.

D700 300f2.8+1.7TC handheld, ISO3200 1/500s f5.6. Cloudy and I was there to test the 300+1.7 combo

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51737

It was a cloudy day and I thought if the combo worked under such bad lighting situation, it should work under better conditions.

Anyhow, if you have any experiences with Topaz Adjust, feel free to share your thoughts of it.

Thank you for looking !

Desmond Chan
12-15-2009, 03:49 AM
This is what it looks like right out of ACR. The original is over-exposed and so I fixed it in ACR. And this is a cropped image.

Alfred Forns
12-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Desmond I have used Adjust ... some.. and will be giving it a closer look, have gotten good results and basically have not used more because it seemed so easy :) Thanks for the post and comments .... good !!!

Garry Gibson
12-15-2009, 12:40 PM
I love Topaz adjust, though I use it more for my landscapes than anything else.

If you like Adjust you need to take a look at Topaz Remask. It is the easiest way
to do a quick remask I can imagine.

Nice shot by the way.

Garry

Lance Peters
12-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Nice Desmond - Will have to have a look at Topaz.
Good show:)

Gus Cobos
12-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Nice capture with post processing...Topaz works like a charm...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Desmond Chan
12-15-2009, 11:11 PM
If you like Adjust you need to take a look at Topaz Remask. It is the easiest way
to do a quick remask I can imagine.

Yup, Remask is also in the bundle suite. First impression of it is it's like the background eraser of the Photoshop (not anymore in CS4).

VinceRossi
12-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I have just started using Topaz and I am in the LEARNING process of getting the results I see other people have. So far, not too good. I will keep practicing though, it is a great plug-in for PhotoShop.

Nice Work.