PDA

View Full Version : Vigilant

wendell westfall
12-14-2009, 10:02 PM
D70s 70-200VR+2X@400 1/1000 f5.6 ISO500 0EV handheld

I took this picture of a beautiful, but fierce, heron and post processed it (sharpen and minimal tweaks) in LR2. I thought the original image was pretty good so I decided to experiment by not selectively using NR. Did I get by with that successfully? What other PP should I have done?

Wendell

John Goldman
12-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I agree, Wendel, the original is pretty good. Even more than pretty good! I think a bit of NR would liquefy the BG and make that bird really pop.

Lance Peters
12-15-2009, 01:46 AM
Hi Wendell - he sure was keeping a eye on you - Sharp, Like the pose and the eye contact, might just run some NR on the background.
One of your best!! - Congrats!!

Gus Cobos
12-15-2009, 05:42 AM
Hi Wendell,
I like the low capture angle with the direct sharp eye contact and good head position. The colors and feather details look good. I like the background, but just needs a tad more of noise reduction...good show...keep them coming...:cool:

Alfred Forns
12-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi Wendell Neat bird and I like the intense pose.

Would take a tad of the top to remove the white !! Can select the eye and darken the pupil, will make it appear even sharper !! Could add some black in selective color to slightly increase contrast Like it a lot and sure come up with a good one !!! ... btw if these guys were as big as GBH ... we might not be safe photographing :)