PDA

View Full Version : Four Canyons Nature Preserve, Oklahoma

Danny J Brown
12-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Fellow BPNr and long-time friend, Mike Fuhr, who is the State Director of the Nature Conservancy in Oklahoma, took me on a guided tour of Four Canyons Nature Preserve, a TNC property. I took this image of the Canadian River at sunset after a day full of shooting. I'm posting it here because I'm still a little intimidated to post in the Landscape Gallery. I'm much better at tight bird shots.

Canon EOS40D; Canon 17-40 F4 L w/Circular Polarizer; 8 Seconds; f/14; ISO 200; Manfrotto 055XB w/488RC2.

Harshad Barve
12-14-2009, 09:02 PM
We are in same boat Dannybhai;), no clues about landscape images , but this looks gorgeous , lovely colors all over
TFS

Danny J Brown
12-14-2009, 09:07 PM
We are in same boat Dannybhai;), no clues about landscape images , but this looks gorgeous , lovely colors all over
TFS

Thank you my friend.

Gus Cobos
12-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Very, very nice Danny,
I'm just waiting for the ducks to fly by...:D This is beautiful...the mood and feel are off the charts...well done...:cool:

Mike Fuhr
12-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Nice -- much better than mine! If I remember right, we were getting swarmed by mosquitos at this point.:(

Danny J Brown
12-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Very, very nice Danny,
I'm just waiting for the ducks to fly by...:D This is beautiful...the mood and feel are off the charts...well done...:cool:

Thank you, Gus.

Danny J Brown
12-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice -- much better than mine! If I remember right, we were getting swarmed by mosquitos at this point.:(

Oh yeah, I almost forgot!

Alfred Forns
12-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Danny you can post that image in any gallery ... its good !! .... just crop a little of the bottom to get the horizon of mid frame !!! Sweet !!!

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Very nice image Danny! love that red sky and don't know why but the reds and blacks on an image usually catches my eye. Well done.

Danny J Brown
12-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Danny you can post that image in any gallery ... its good !! .... just crop a little of the bottom to get the horizon of mid frame !!! Sweet !!!

I appreciate the tip Al - I'll try that!

Julie Kenward
12-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Danny, there's no reason to be afraid of Robert and Roman - they've been nice to me and my images and I know diddly about landscapes.

I do know I love the colors here and the composition looks good. It's a very pleasing image overall.

Danny J Brown
12-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Danny, there's no reason to be afraid of Robert and Roman - they've been nice to me and my images and I know diddly about landscapes.

I do know I love the colors here and the composition looks good. It's a very pleasing image overall.

Thanks Julie. You are right for sure about Roman and Robert. They are both exceptionally courteous with their comments. There are just a lot of technical details about landscapes that escape me. I just need to fire up my 17 - 40 and share some images over there!