PDA

View Full Version : "Take Off"

Gus Cobos
12-14-2009, 08:10 PM
“Take Off”

Note:
This image was taken early this year, during a Birds II class, in Shark Valley with Miss Fabs Forns.

This little fellow is a resident of Shark Valley, National Park in Miami Florida. He was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 300mm f/4D IF-ED lens, with a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 300mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/500sec. - f/8 / exposure comp @ -0.7EV / ISO @ 800 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ AF - C / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient lighting / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform – hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Harshad Barve
12-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Gusbhai
Lovely wing and feet pose , Nice eye contact and BG here :)
TFS

Jeff Cashdollar
12-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Fantastic shot, sets well in the frame - this is where you want to hit the shutter. HA and eye are spot on, he is looking forward in flight - very natural.

Full wing position is super and wing tips up, you nailed it. I like this picture, nice use of light and shadows IMO. The light and post production adds texture and depth to bird,.. the subtle colors are pleasing. The mood is a beautiful day with a beautiful subject - techs are solid - well done Gus!

Anita Rakestraw
12-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Lovely composition, Gus!! Could just use some NR on the background.

denise ippolito
12-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Gus, Nice position in the frame and beautiful underwing details. Great HA. and sharp eye. BG shows a bit of compression. Very lovely shot.Well done.:)

Bob Decker
12-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Gorgeous shot... a high quality level for us to aspire for.

Lance Peters
12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Lots to love here Gus - love those outstretched wings - ALL the techs look right on the money to me.
Excellent image - Big Congrats :)

Gail Spitler
12-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Love the composition, terrific capture. On my monitor there is a green cast to the underwings and belly. I don't think I have ever seen this on a Cattle Egret. Sometimes birds pick up color from the water or plants, but not usually on the underwing?:confused:
Are the clouds clipped?:confused:
Cheers
Gail

Alfred Forns
12-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi Gus

Love you posted this image Lots to see here and point out for flight !!!!

Flight position, sharpness and framing are just perfect, very appealing image !!!

With these for the best results we need a flash ... one reason ... as exposed the bg clouds look just perfect but the bird is a little under, basic exposure for pointing the camera up in the air is plus one ... but in this case the bird would come out better while the sky had to be washed out with very little color, yours is a stronger image and good compromise !!!

Early morning the prettiest images are made just as the sun comes up or right before ... basically back lit so again the flash is the trick for all of them. For your the sun was low enough and coming form your back so the bird was illuminated !!! You are going to be dangerous with birds this season, looking forward to going out with you !!!

Oscar Zangroniz
12-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Your best flight shot by far. Lots of under wing details, great wing position, and sharp all around.:eek: