PDA

View Full Version : Says Phoebe

Jim Poor
02-17-2008, 04:08 PM
One of my favorites. Cropped from left, curves and Sharpened.

D2H
600mm
1/160 @ f4

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Beautiful pose Jim and well framed with a lovely head turn.. Also like the soft BG that just gives us a hint of what is going on. It is also sharp with excellent detail and catchlight in the eye. One thought would be for a higher Fstop so as to have a little more detail in the tail. Really like this Jim and I can see why it is one of your favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Todd Frost
02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Jim,
Very nicely done, pose is great as well as the bg. Amazing what one can achieve with that camera. Do you still use it at all, I still use mine as sometimes the smaller files are nice if not much cropping ness.
Todd

Jim Poor
02-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks Judy. Sad to admit it, but at that time, I didn't even really know what DoF was:o

Todd,
I really enjoyed my D2H. Unfortunately, I mailed it to Nikon for a meter repair and it never got there. It was insured, but I still wasn't a happy camper.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Nice details and the BG adds interest. I wish for more eye contact and it looks as if it has a slight green color cast on my monitor.

Jim Poor
02-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Yep, you're right. I didn't notice the green until I ran my color cast checker action. Here is a more neutral version.

Jose Suro
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
To me the first look perfect. And I am calibrated on an Apple 23". Love the image. Perfect techs. The bird is just slightly darker than te background, maybe just a contrast boost. Great image.

Best,

Jose

Jim Poor
02-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Jose,

The cast is not easily noticed at first, even on a calibrated monitor (I'm on a calibrated Apple as well). I left some of it in for the repost as a totally "neutral" rendition was too blah.

Anita Rakestraw
02-18-2008, 04:23 AM
I like the 2nd post best and the image in general, but I have to say that my eye keeps being drawn to the leafy branch coming in from the upper right corner. If it were either in focus, or more blurred, I think it would be less distracting....