PDA

View Full Version : Birds in line

Gautam Biswas
02-17-2008, 03:44 PM
This is an environmental image. When I visited the Keoladeo Bird sanctuary in Bharatpur last December, there was a mist early in the morning. and I could see some birds in the mist. I found these four birds lined up on different perches in the distance and attempted to make this image. When I saw the image as RAW file, the image looked pretty dull. Today I tried tweaking levels and a slight cropping to work out this image. Let me know your comments.

Canon 1DIII with 500mm f4 at ISO 250 f 9 and 1/80s

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Gautam I really like the mood you captured in this image and I spent some tine just looking at it . Very interesting capture and good eye to see it. If it were mine and this is just my taste I might be tempted to crop it and elliminate the fourth bird form the right as I sense a little more balance in the image and crop a little from the top. Fine environmental capture Gautam and thanks for sharing.

Gautam Biswas
02-17-2008, 04:47 PM
If it were mine and this is just my taste I might be tempted to crop it and elliminate the fourth bird form the right as I sense a little more balance in the image and crop a little from the top.

Dear Judy, Thanks for your comments. I had myself debated whether I should crop out the fourth bird which also had some motion blur. My reason for not doing was that a closer crop might get rid of some of the mist. But I think your suggestion was good as this looks better.

Sid Garige
02-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Very nice suggestion by Judy. I am tempted to even crop a little more on the top and turn into a Pano.

Anita Rakestraw
02-18-2008, 04:29 AM
I think the cropped version works better because the 4th bird kind of got lost in the vegetation anyway. Is there also a bird in the tree (the white)? Maybe clone that out as it does tend to draw the eye.... The mist is great and good eye for seeing it all - nice moody image!

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Really like the repost Gautam !!