PDA

View Full Version : Dinner time

Oscar Zangroniz
12-13-2009, 08:39 PM
From late this afternoon at Anhinga Trail. I know it's a little gruesome but it's part of the natural habitat. This poor soft shell turtle did not stand a chance. Wanted to back up in order to get all in the frame but by that time there were so many people watching that it was imposible to move back. This is the time when I miss my zoom lens :-(

Nikon d300s, Nikon 300mm 2.8vr, F5.6, 1/160, ISO 400, Aperture priority, Tripod mounted.

Alfred Forns
12-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Don't get to see this very often Oscar !!! Too bad about not having a zoom but you came up with a good image. Would suggest increasing the ISO for safety, your camera performs well !!! ... like them teeth !!!

Gail Spitler
12-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Very dramatic, good detail, good composition.
On my monitor the alligator (or is it a croc?) looks to be on the blue side, rather than green. Not sure why??? Maybe this is the natural color for this critter; the turtle seems okay?
Congrats on this one.
Cheers
Gail

Lance Peters
12-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Not a good day to be a turtle :)
Love the action.
Not sure if it is a Halo I am seeing around the jaw in places or just the BG???
Keep your distance OZ!!

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
12-14-2009, 07:21 AM
It's gruesome but it's part of nature and you manage to capture this well. Even though you cannot step back I like how you go for composition, I can still tell that this is turtle even the head is not there. I also see halo around the alligator head, did you tried to brighten the gator in PP?

Gus Cobos
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Nice catch Oscar...well done...this is life in the fast lane of the food chain...:cool: