PDA

View Full Version : Fort DeSoto but no birds

Josh O'Donnell
02-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Ok I'm sure there are still birds at Fort DeSoto, however I was there this morning and out of 1100 photos not one was that of a bird (which is definitely a first for me)... I had a freelance gig to photograph a duathlon race. This was my first time shooting a race like this and it was a lot of fun. This is one of my favorite photos that I've found so far...

http://www.joshodonnell.com/21708/b.jpg

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Wow Josh looks like you had an exceptional morning. Beautiful action you captured in this image and your timing was perrrfect. Thanks for sharing your morning at Desoto.

Harold Davis
02-17-2008, 04:14 PM
did you get her phone number! lol. great shot, josh. congrats on the shoot. hope you had a bunch of keepers!!

Amy DeStefanis
02-17-2008, 04:48 PM
HI Josh! Great shot!

The Hillsborough River was great for birds this morning (see my contribution to Mature Audiences Only).

Maxis Gamez
02-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey Josh,

A little tight in the frame but I'm glad you had a good time. BTW, do you have a model release?? just heads up buddy!!

Alfred Forns
02-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Josh Must have been fun !!! Duathlon? Din;t know they had it No swimming?

Josh O'Donnell
02-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah, no swimming... The athletes did a 5K run, followed by a 10 mile bike ride, and then another 5k run. It was a lot of fun, some of the athletes were insanely fit. Definitely reminded me of how fit I'm not haha... The winning time last year was 1 hour 4 minutes, this year it was 56 minutes... I was trying to stick around the finish so I could watch the time to get the winner as he came across, however I didn't know they were that far ahead of last years pace and I missed the winner by about 15 seconds... I as so mad at myself.

James Shadle
02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
No birds, just chicks.
I did not really say that did I?
My wife told me never to call dames, chicks.
Darth

PS I am enrolled in a sensitivity class.