PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise on Western Ghats

Ramesh Adkoli
12-13-2009, 09:48 AM
I ahd taken this image on my last visit to my native place. Appreciate your views and comments.

D700, 24-70mm @ 70mm, 1/160s, f/22, ISO 200, hand held
CNX2, levels, contrast & brightness, shadow recovery, cropped a bit from bottom and left.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
12-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi Ramesh,
Another simple comp yet for me this one isn't as effective. While I do like the rigeline and sunburst I find myself being drawn to the tree on the right frame edge. You say you cropped from the left.....was it possible to crop the tree off the right and add the left back in.....while it will put the sun close to the edge.....it still may work. Just some other options for you to explore.

Dave Mills
12-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi Ramesh, Good advice given by Roman but I thought I would show another possible comp.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi Ramesh, I think Dave's works much better

Ramesh Adkoli
12-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks Roman, Dave and Dennis for your inputs. Roman, i see your point about the tree. Cropping completely it put the whole image out of balance. While Dave's crop has its merits, for me it narrowed field of view drastically. I went back to the image and lightened up the tree on the right to bring in details. I felt it being a silhouette probably made it too prominent. Let me know how this works.

Roman Kurywczak
12-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Ramesh,
Will have to put them up side by side for comparison.....appears to be a slight difference at first look.