PDA

View Full Version : Something Different/Fisheye Close-up

Ed Vatza
12-13-2009, 07:01 AM
OK, I was out playing with my newly acquired Lensbaby Composer and Fisheye Optic. It is really fun to work with and allows me to express my creativity in some new and different ways... and trying some things that I have been exploring already anyway.

For this image, I was on the ground literally about an inch from the cone... closer than for 99% of my macro lens images. If you look closely at the image, you will see the fisheye effect with the focal point on the center of the frame.

As I said recently on my blog: Never forget that “image” forms the root of “imagination”. This is just another toy for my bag. Another kind of image to look at. Another opportunity to use my imagination in composing the image, making the image, processing the image and looking at the image.

Canon 50D; Lensbaby Composer w/ Fisheye Optic; handheld

1/50 sec @ f/4.0; ISO 100; -1/3 EV; Sunny WB

denise ippolito
12-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Ed, You seem more creative lately and it really shows in your work. I like the way the pine needles surround the pinecone w/ an almost nested look. The softness of the BG is pleasing. I like the composition on a diagonal and great job HH the composer. I might pick up the fish eye for Christmas.

Julie Kenward
12-13-2009, 09:42 AM
I see Santa came early at Ed's house! (NOT FAIR!!!)

I like the image. I think this effect would work well with shorter objects that would put them entirely in the sweet spot and everything else at an angle. The way it bent the needles around the edges is fabulous!

Charles Wesley
12-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Ed,

I like this effect. It almost looks like a zoom blur.
Thanks for sharing...

Jerry van Dijk
12-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi Ed, very creative thinking! I like the effect on the cone, but would prefer a tighter crop with more cone and less needles. Nice work!

Mike Moats
12-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Ed, wild and crazy looking. I had a chance to play with the fish-eye lens and it can be fun.

Anita Bower
12-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Ed: I guess I'm just not a big fan of the lens baby. Looking at this image too long makes me dizzy. :D