PDA

View Full Version : Black and White

Peregrine Craig Nash
01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
1d2n Sigma 500

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Welcome to BPN! Nice couple. :) If you have you could try to add a bit canvas at the top and right. I also wish for a bit wider DOF. The coot seems sligthly OOF.

Judd Patterson
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Welcome! To me this image has great potential. I've never seen such a striking comparison between these two waterfowl species before. The size difference is fun to see and really makes me wish that you had been able to photograph the entire view of both species (in a horizontal image)...or at least the entire coot (in a vertical image). As mentioned by Axel, a sharper coot would also be helpful. Still, I really enjoyed your image. :)

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I like the size comparison in this shot. Great job holding the exposure between the two ends of the light spectrum. I would like more room in front of the Swan and tad more DOF.

Welcome to BPN!

Linda Robbins
01-02-2008, 09:35 PM
You nailed this exposure and preserved detail in both the blacks and whites, and it is an arresting image with the size and color differences of the subjects and the similar poses. I agree with IJudd's comments regarding different compositions, but I also enjoyed this image.

Linda

Glenn Bartley
01-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Neat idea for an image :)