PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Baker

Caspar Davis
12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I took this the other evening from Sidney, BC.

Shutter speed: 1/200 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 200
Lens: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Focal length: 40mm
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Jeff Cashdollar
12-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Beautiful scene, is it a tad underexposed. How does histogram look, was wondering if a stop of light might help - maybe not. Anyway, great picture love the mood.

Alfred Forns
12-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi Caspar

It is a lovely scene, lightness wise is a mater of taste and will change the mood, could go slightly lighter. Would play with the contrast for the sky to make more prominent !!

One thing I would have tried at the time of making the image is the horizon position, try to keep it out of the center frame. Could move up/down to alter !!! As presented hate taking anything from the bottom or top!!! Excellent image !!!

Caspar Davis
12-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks Jeff. I intentionally underexposed a bit because I have found that sunset colors come out better that way. But if there's a way to get the colors withouit underexposing I'd like to know about it.

Jeff Cashdollar
12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Casper,..It looks great. The techs and mood are spot on, love it. Now I see what you were doing to control the light. Very creative and thanks for sharing.

Lance Peters
12-13-2009, 12:27 AM
hi Caspar - Like it a lot - looks just a tad flat, a slight contrast boost for my personal tastes.
Nice work!!

Desmond Chan
12-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Hmmm...I have a feeling here in BPN there're more folks from BC than from the rest of Canada :)

I like the overall feel of the photo. Flat as it may be, it just gives you a different feel than one that has more contrast.

Richard Waas
12-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Beautiful image. I'll sometimes switch to cloudy WB to bring out the colors. I love the mood and feel of the image. Congrats!!

Bob Decker
12-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Very nice image. I don't mind the horizon being centered because of the foliage running from the LH side and across the bottom. I do wish the faint glimpse of the mountain in the far distance (center) was a little more noticeable. The dock creates a nice leading line to it, but the mountain is so faint it's easily missed (I'm guessing that's Mt. Baker). Maybe select along the horizion line and boost sat and contrast up top to give the colors a little more "umpf" and to help emphasize that mountain peak a bit more? Then maybe a slight s-curve in "curves" to give the entire image a little pop?

Gus Cobos
12-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Casper,
I like the image and capture as presented. Its all a matter of mood and the feel that you want to present. I personally would suggest a very slight saturation and contrast boost...again, its a matter of taste...excellent image, looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
12-13-2009, 09:19 PM
It is a matter of mood and I also like it as presented.