PDA

View Full Version : River Otter mom and Pup

Suzanne Huot
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Seems to be saying ,how about sharing with me .I was delighted to spot a trio of Otters having breakfast on a rock close by to where I was setting up my camera to shoot some ducks flying in to land

Canon 500 . Canon Eos Mk 11 1D. Tv 7.1. Av 1/1600 Ex comp -1/3
C/C most welcome Thank you for looking

Steve Kaluski
12-12-2009, 03:57 AM
Hi Suzanne, love these little characters, especially when they wrap themselves up in kelp and go to sleep, or crack open shell fish with their favourite belly stone. I was privileged to see them off the 'broken islands' a few years back. Was this taken anywhere near Tofino by chance? The reason I ask, is that next September I will be spending some time in AK to photograph Grizzlies and will then stop off in Vancouver island to do some Black bears and anything else, especially OTTERS :-) Any advice greatly appreciated.

Steve

Alfred Forns
12-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Suzanne I like it a lot. Find these so difficult to get any detail in the fur, you got to lots of it and two clear faces, love the expression on the one to the right !!!

Might take a little from the bottom, mighty fine image !!!!

David Fletcher
12-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Like Alfred's crop suggestion Suzanne. Other than that, this is pretty well nailed. Glorious light and that expression... please give me some, is priceless. couldn't be better.

Seyed Babak Musavi
12-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I like this shot alot , what a very nice realation between mom and baby , detail and compositon is good , also i like blue Bg .
With best wishes
Babak