PDA

View Full Version : white-throated sparrow

Joel Arrington
02-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Canon EOS 40D, Aperture priority, 1/125 @ f/8, ISO200, 70-200 + 2x ext, flash fill

Jim Poor
02-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Nice pose. The tail crossing the oof stick on the right doesn't do the image any good though. Also, the image has an over processed look in general to me. l

Daniel Cadieux
02-17-2008, 02:30 PM
You have oversaturated this photograph. You could especially tone down the yellows and reds to give this one a more realistic look. Great pose by the sparrow. Eye looks sharp, but the bill is rather soft.

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi Joel Lovely pose in this image and great head turn but it does appear that the lighting was quite harsh. I find the tree behind a bit distracting and wonder if it would have been possible to move a little more to the left and thus eliminating it ? It looks a bit over sharpened as well. Many thanks for sharing.

Joel Arrington
02-18-2008, 12:03 PM
In a blind I can only move a few inches.

Joel Arrington
02-18-2008, 12:14 PM
This image stands accused of excessive saturation and is "over processed." Not sure what that means, but I went back to my *.psd master file, which added a tiny amount of saturation, and deleted the saturation/hue layer entirely. I had sharpened and posted only a jpg copy of the psd file, so the one I will post for comparison will not be sharpened at all. The image, then, will be just as it comes from the camera except for cropping, since I adjusted it only with levels. According to the rules here, insufficient time has passed since I last posted in this forum, so I will post the comparison image later today or tomorrow. I am curious how it will compare.