PDA

View Full Version : Snowshoe Hare

Stephen Stephen
01-02-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm very excited about this website. Here's an image that I captured several days ago near a local wild bird feeding station. The hare assumed a typical alert pose to check for danger after hearing a noise.

Taken with Sigma 50-500mm on Manfrotto monopod. I decided to try some none flash shots because the hare was showing red eye with my flash.

Full frame shot resized to meet posting requirements. Some adjustment of contrast and gamma.

As I looked at this image again after posting it I think that I should have cropped some off the top and the right of the frame. This would have had the hare looking into the frame a bit more. What do you think?

ExposureProgram - Manual control
ISOSpeedRatings - 400
ShutterSpeedValue - 1/1600 seconds
ApertureValue - F 7.10
FocalLength - 417 mm
WhiteBalance - Adjusted to Cloudy

DanWalters
01-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Nice shot. Great details in the whites.

D. Robert Franz
01-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Love the alert pose of the snowshoe. Nice detail in the highlights. Maybe with the way the hare is looking you could have placed him a bit further right in the frame. Overall very nice...

َAbdolreza Kazemi
01-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Hi Stephen
Very nice shot with good sharpness, color & light.
but the composition can be better ...

Jasper Doest
01-05-2008, 05:47 AM
I just love the frontlegs of this one....they make me smile. Although this is a nice shot it misses something composition-wise to make this stand out. I think the eye is a bit too centered in frame. And perhaps a slight headturn would bring more depth into the photograph as it looks a bit flat to me.

Mike Lentz
01-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Nice shot. I'd crop off a "hare" on top and on the rightside for comp and see if that works better for you.:)

Stephen Stephen
01-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Okay here's which almost everyone has suggested and I had spoken about in my first post. I think that the image works much better this way. Thanks.