PDA

View Full Version : La Jolla CA Cliffs

Alfred Forns
12-11-2009, 05:09 PM
This is the area for going after the pelicans, great place. With the right wind they land right into you with the sun directly at your back !! Not sure what is going on with the area, they wanted to keep the photographers behind the fence you see at the right.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

arash_hazeghi
12-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Perfect setting Al, hope you got some nice landing shots.

Alfred Forns
12-11-2009, 07:06 PM
We had a good time Arash. Wind was good but the birds were landing on the lower cliffs, still one spectacular place !!! ... btw the beach a little further down just in the bg was also incredible, the golden light reflected was spectacular, can't wait to go back !!!

Harshad Barve
12-11-2009, 08:28 PM
lovely image and looks like incredible place to visit ,
TFS

Gus Cobos
12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
This is a beautiful place Mr. Forns...would sure like to go there...:D Why do they want to restrict access to the photographers??? What happened?:cool:

Alfred Forns
12-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Not sure Gus Its a city ordinance !! As far as I know there have been no problems !!

arash_hazeghi
12-12-2009, 12:38 AM
We had a good time Arash. Wind was good but the birds were landing on the lower cliffs, still one spectacular place !!! ... btw the beach a little further down just in the bg was also incredible, the golden light reflected was spectacular, can't wait to go back !!!

I am glad you had a good time, next time come visit us and our raptors in nor Cal as well.

Jeff Barton
12-23-2009, 03:39 PM
The restriction goes back years and they want to keep people away from the bluff and cliff edges. When I was a kid we used to jump off the cliffs there all summer. Now things are regulated for "our own food".

Jeff Barton
12-27-2009, 01:44 PM
http://macmedadestruction.com/la-jolla-clam-jumping

Here is a link on the history of jumping off the clam and when and why it was made illegal.