PDA

View Full Version : The 'Galápagos Beachmaster'

Steve Kaluski
12-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Introducing the Galápagos Sea Lion (or Beachmaster).

Weighing in at around 800lbs he might be a little cumbersome on the beach, but in the water he is as graceful as a ballet dancer. I just loved these guys and the females weren't bad either.:D In fact, wilst taking this shot and lying down on the beach, one female came up and laid next to me. It wasn't until she nudged me, that I realised I had company as they have no fear of man on the islands. Not quite up to speed on mouth hygiene, there are just great fun to watch and film.

Some might suggest to remove the fin to the right, well that's part of the animal and in the shot, so IMHO it stays in I think, but some might say it might be a cleaner image without?

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 1/2000 f/6.3 ISO1000(:eek:) Wimberely head and Skimmer pod

Marc Mol
12-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Very nice detail here Steve on the fur and sand whiskers, well framed. Fin stays in my book as well.;)

Harshad Barve
12-11-2009, 07:02 AM
lovely low angle and crisp details , open mounth and sand around adding , this animal is high on my wishlist
TFS

Robert Amoruso
12-11-2009, 08:57 AM
I like that detail from nose to top of head and the awn is impressive. I would suggest opening up the shadows a bit just to reveal some hidden detail.

Alfred Forns
12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Love the low angle and open mouth !!!

Tail wise agree with you, would look cleaner without but should stay !!! Agree with Robert, opening up a little shadow detail particularly in the mouth would be good... sand around whiskers looks really good !! Excellent image !!!

... must have been exciting having the close up company :)

Betsie Storm
12-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Beautiful capture, Steve, flipper stays, I say. Love the sand in the whiskers and the very low angle. Please share more of your Galapagos creatures.

DanWalters
12-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Really like the sand all over the whiskers. Nice low angle as well.