PDA

View Full Version : King parrot

caseyargall
12-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Hi, i need a little help, i know this might seem strange but i know this photo is bad.....because on gallerys i get either no views or very few..and on forums no replys.....what i dont know is why? its hard for me to judge it i am proud of my shot but i can see a few things wrong like the beak isnt fully sharp. A little help on how i can improve or just what i did wrong would be nice....thanks.
f/7.1
1/80sec
iso200
200mm
partial metering
flash fired.
oh and sorry its not bigger i have to use my flickr and i made them small for there.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4169652145_b664671c84_o.jpg

Dennis Binda
12-11-2009, 05:40 AM
Don't know what kind of equippment you use but I would try to balance shutterspeed and f-stop a little more. 1/80s is not very much, it might give you motion blurr. I'd be very careful with the flash, it doesnt'always improve your pictures. You can learn a lot just by looking at other people's pictures and see what they use. If you have any other problems just send me an email.

Axel Hildebrandt
12-11-2009, 09:05 AM
It's a good-looking bird and the BG works well, too. The head of the bird looks overflashed, you could try to adjust the FEC setting of your flash. The head angle is not ideal since the head is slightly angled away from you and the eye has the 'steely' look that is due to flash.

Manos Papadomanolakis
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM
The head of the bird looks overflashed...otherwise a beautiful bird with a nice pose

caseyargall
12-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Thankyou, i got a new computer today insted of a laptop and i see what you mean it actually just looked a little dark on my laptop....i hate to see what my other photos look like....

Ákos Lumnitzer
12-15-2009, 07:45 PM
there's no photo!

caseyargall
12-15-2009, 11:56 PM
there's no photo!

Yeah sorry, when i saw it off my laptop, i realized how bad it was, on the laptop it looked dark so i fixed that but when i saw it off my laptop it was over bright and satuated.