PDA

View Full Version : Dont you hate it when....

Lance Peters
12-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Something gets in the way of the shot you want.
Dont know if you can see it here - Nr Egret has a tiny blue dragonfly by the wing - he was eating these little guys - dont know why and cant say I have ever seen them eating them before.

As you can see the strap of the boat has got in the way of my shot. Reluctant to remove it - would you????

D3
Nikon 200-400 VR with 1.4 Converter
1/50th
F8
800 ISO
Matrix metering
Tripod
FULL FRAME

Could have bumped the ISO up for more SS.
Comments welcome :)

Gus Cobos
12-11-2009, 05:47 AM
HI Mr. Peters,
Welcome back safe and sound...no more bites...:eek::D:) As a record shot in the conditions and surrounding that the action took place, I would leave the strap; that was the way it happened...if you are planning to do anything else perhaps hang it on the wall, then the strap would need to go...:):cool:

Alfred Forns
12-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Lance in this case I think that strap in History :) ... if you do anything with it had to be disclosed but one fine and unusual image !!!

Sweet whites on the bird and love the high key bg !!! Big Congrats !!!! ... btw you do so well with the low shutter speeds, your technique must be right on !!! On the D3 I would not hesitate to go higher with the ISO !!!

Julian Mole
12-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Lance,

A great photo despite it's "Sod's Law" artifact!

The whites are beautiful and I love the detail visible on the beak. The Egret has a really menacing look - with it's beady eye staring intently at it's next meal!

Lance Peters
12-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Lance in this case I think that strap in History :) ... if you do anything with it had to be disclosed but one fine and unusual image !!!

Sweet whites on the bird and love the high key bg !!! Big Congrats !!!! ... btw you do so well with the low shutter speeds, your technique must be right on !!! On the D3 I would not hesitate to go higher with the ISO !!!

Hi AL - I quite enjoy the challenge of sharp images at slow shutter speeds - higher ISO makes it easy - but doesn't improve my technique at all.