PDA

View Full Version : Tugging at Moon!

Ramesh Adkoli
12-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I think this was a trail left by an airplane. With the moon at one end, it looked interesting. Appreciate your views and comments.

D700, 24-70mm @ 24mm, 1/125s, f/11, ISO 400, hand held, evening, full frame
CNX2, levels, black and white control points, noise reduction on the sky

regards,
ramesh

Robert Amoruso
12-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Ramesh,

You composed it well as a diagonal and I like that darker tone in the LL and UR corners. I would suggest using selective color to add more drama to the sky. See Morkel's post a few back for the suggestions I made to him.

You choice on the moon but I would remove it.

Dave Mills
12-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi Ramesh, I also like the diagonal position of the contrail. The moon is such an insignificant element it is hardly recognizable as such. I feel the image could stand on its own without it...

Ramesh Adkoli
12-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks Robert for those helpful comments. I checked your suggestions of Morkel's photograph. I will try those steps on this image.

regards,
ramesh

Paul Marcellini
12-11-2009, 12:37 PM
The diagonal works but I think a longer focal length to make the moon a more prominent subject would strengthen the image.

Roman Kurywczak
12-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi Ramesh,
I too find the moon tooo insignificant......concept is great but not sure the longer focal length would have any more impact but it would be interesting to see for comparison.

Ramesh Adkoli
12-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks a lot, Dave, Paul and Roman for your views. I see your point about the moon. I didn't take any closer views. Even if i did, i doubt i could have conveyed that impact. Moon was really small;-(

regards,
ramesh

Ramesh Adkoli
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Robert, i tried your suggestions of using selective colors to enhance the contrail. Left the moon alone for now to go with the title:) Let me know how this looks.

regards,
ramesh