PDA

View Full Version : Low flying Minnesota eagle

Don Anderson
12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
What a kick, this guy was just off the road, and didn't much
care that I was there. When he flew off I captured this image,
as he cruised a few feet above the field.
50D, 400DO, f7.1, 1/320, iso 500 HHeld.

Ben Egbert
12-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Nice shot, and good exposure. Is this uncropped? If so you must have been pretty close.

Paul Lagasi
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Nice capture of a moment..not often you can get an image of these guys from above the bird, pretty decent image for 1/320 handheld

To bad he's past you, I'd have traded some f-stop for some more shutter speed, I'd probably run another round of sharpening just on the head.

I try to keep my shutter speed at least even with my lens focal length.

Thanks for sharing

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Always wonderful to see the topside and the lovely wing position. As mentioned it is a shame he had passed you because this is really exceptional to see this view of the eagle. Many thanks for sharing Don.

Phil Ertel
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Don, I also like the top side view. In addition to the above comments It appears to me that there is a slight color cast. I set the white, gray, and black point and generated this version. Does it reflect what you saw in the field? Thanks for sharing.

Harshad Barve
12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
lovely low angle and wing pose , cant commnet on colors in OP but RP looks better to my eyes
TFS

Don Anderson
12-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi Don, I also like the top side view. In addition to the above comments It appears to me that there is a slight color cast. I set the white, gray, and black point and generated this version. Does it reflect what you saw in the field? Thanks for sharing.
Yep, the white bal on yours is way better.. it was late afternoon so the
light was dropping by the min. Thanks for the comments.

Raymond Barlow
12-10-2009, 07:25 PM
very nice image Don, cool point of view.