PDA

View Full Version : Ready

Ben Egbert
12-08-2009, 05:13 PM
This is shot one of a 4 shot sequence I plan to show over the next week, which includes the fish pick up and fly away.

Taken at Lake Coeur d’Alene ID, on Sunday December 6th. It was a cloudy day, and I was forced to go to ISO1600 and drop to 1/1000 second to get these shots. Had to use pretty aggressive NR, but I used the history brush on the head. The head is not blown, but there is just no texture there.

1DS-mk3, 500f4+1.4X f5.6 at 1/1000 ISO 1600 manual mode. Using a Wimberly sidekick.

Daniel Cadieux
12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I love the look of intensity and concentration on this guy's face! As posted the heavy NR has started to show, and I would be tempted to crop a bit more above. Looking forward to the rest of this series!!

Ben Egbert
12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks, how would you crop it? It is already 2/3 so it would end up an odd size if I took off the top and bottom. Is that what I should do? Go to a pano crop?

I hated having that rock background, and I was wide ope. Today was worse because it is now ice and very bright. But this is where the eagles pick up fish, and the only decent light angle to be had.

I debated even showing this because of the NR, the others are the same, I think I am going to bag this series.

I was at the lake today with bright sun, had no problem using ISO400, but way too much light, and you can't keep the whites and get detail in the dark areas. So they did not turn out any better. I have to find a new place to do eagles.

Joel Eade
12-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Really nice capture..you can see the fish's back sticking out of the water. Cool.

James Salywoda
12-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Really an excellent shot Ben I love the angle of capture and the intent look on the Eagle.....

Ben Egbert
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks Joel and James for your comments. Maybe tomorrow I will post the pick-up, perhaps with a different crop.