PDA

View Full Version : Trumppet Daffodil Portrait...

Charles Wesley
12-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Here's a still life portrait taken from a Kodak PhotoCD. I used a blue BG to help with color contrast on this yellow flower. Not sure about the shadows but I think they do give some depth to this photo.

Mamiya 645 MF camera, Mamiya Secor 80 mm lens, Mamiya 2X TC, Vivitar 283 flash and Bogen tripod. This photo was taken with Fuji Velvia film while taking photo classes.

Enjoy...

PS/CS4
FocalBlade

P.S. Sorry for the spelling of trumpet

Anita Bower
12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I love that sharp center and the yellows against the rich blue. I like the angle of the flower. Most of the shadows in the blue BG don't bother me, except for the darker one that runs vertically down from the lowest petal tip. I'd be inclinded to crop a little off the top. Thanks for sharing.

Christopher Miller
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Very nice image, Charles! Nice details and composition. The yellow on blue combination is very eye-catching. Agree with Anita on the darker shadow and taking a little off the top.

Julie Kenward
12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Yup, I'm with Anita as well. BEAUTIFUL BG and wow...the color combo and fabulous details really make this image sing. What a wonderful daffy portrait!

Nick Palmieri
12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Nice color contrast and nice exposure. I agree with Anita reagrding the shadow in the BG.

Ed Cordes
12-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Great detail in the Daffodil. The yellows look good. I agree the BG is an OK color, but for some may be a bit harsh. The folds in the BG are very distracting.