PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Theme Continues

Danny J Brown
12-07-2009, 10:21 PM
A gray squirrel from the conservation area near my home. We have both gray squirrels and fox squirrels in Missouri but I'm partial to the little grays. As you can see from techs it was pretty early in the morning. Sorry about the stem on the right - tell it to Ma Nature.

Canon EOS 40D; Canon 500/4 L; 1/60; F/4.0; ISO 400; Full Frame Image; Gitzo GT3530LS w/Wimberley II

Steve Canuel
12-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi Danny,
Great color and detail. I like the warm BG, the tail hanging over the top, and the way he's touching his chest. A bit tight for me but there's still a nice hint of habitat and I like the hanging dried leaves on the right. And I told Ma Nature to move that stem for you :)

Danny J Brown
12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Hi Danny,
Great color and detail. I like the warm BG, the tail hanging over the top, and the way he's touching his chest. A bit tight for me but there's still a nice hint of habitat and I like the hanging dried leaves on the right. And I told Ma Nature to move that stem for you :)

Thanks Steve - she never listens though.

Ken Watkins
12-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Strange that in the UK the grey squirrel is considered as vermin because it destroys the habitat of the Red Squirrel.
Still cute though!

Steve Kaluski
12-08-2009, 02:47 AM
Danny, really good detail and pin sharp where it needs to be. I like the colours overall, it's just the cluttered/distracting BG that lets it down for me. Perhaps a little 'gardening' for the future :-)

Steve

Harshad Barve
12-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Dannybhai
This is good looking image , nice controls on techs and sharp one
TFS

Morkel Erasmus
12-08-2009, 06:07 AM
so sharp - lovely study. I would desaturate the blues in the shadowed white areas some.

Betsie Storm
12-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Lovely little guy, Danny, his pose with "hand on heart" is too cute. Nice and sharp, agree with Morkel on blues.
Do you have the scientific name? There is an "introduced" population of grey squirrel in the Western Cape, suspect it might be the same as this one. (Ken may know?). Learning a lot about squirrels here:)

David Fletcher
12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Nicely done Danny. Good IQ and details and love the eye contact.

Danny J Brown
12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Lovely little guy, Danny, his pose with "hand on heart" is too cute. Nice and sharp, agree with Morkel on blues.
Do you have the scientific name? There is an "introduced" population of grey squirrel in the Western Cape, suspect it might be the same as this one. (Ken may know?). Learning a lot about squirrels here:)

Eastern Gray Squirrel Sciurus carolinensis