PDA

View Full Version : White Faced Heron in flight

Christopher C.M. Cooke
12-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Captured using EOS 1D MKIII, Hand Held, 400mm f/5.6 at f/5.6, 1/8000 Sec., ISO 640, Spot metering, AV, 0 step, 50% crop. Edithvale Wetlands Melbourne Victoria.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Chris/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

Arthur Morris
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Christopher, Sharp, good EXP. What's in/on the bill? The full up wing position would have saved the day here by lighting the whole underwing. As presented the dark shadow there does not work.

IAC, the whole thing could go a bit lighter. And you might be able to get some more detail out of the shadowed area....

Christopher C.M. Cooke
12-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks Artie, I believe the item in the beak is a leech, I had thought of cloning it out but decided not to play God with nature and left it alone.

Yes I was pondering how to light up the underwing and I am playing with the Tiff now. This little chap caught me by surprise and I fired off 10 frames and nailed him on four as he raced off terrified by a large raptor which had my attention.

Thanks for your advice mate I shall continue in my pursuit of competence.
<o></o>
PS thanks to your advice my B/sugar is now under control.

Arthur Morris
12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
YAW. That is better than any photo advice! I am down to 172 pounds now. I last weighed that when I was eleven. My BG is down but needs to get down some more. I see the great Dr. Bernstein next week.

Christopher C.M. Cooke
12-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Well done mate, I have another 12 Kilos to go but I am getting there.:):)

Arthur Morris
12-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Keep it up. By limiting myself to 30 grams of carbs per day (2 1/2 nice servings of good veggies) I can eat all the fat I want and the weight just melts off. It's the carbs that are killing most folks.

Christopher C.M. Cooke
12-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Artie I also found that by severely limiting my carbs my chronic irritable bowel syndrome has improved out of sight.

You are a great help and not only in a photographic sense.

Cheers mate and a hearty thanks.

Arthur Morris
12-08-2009, 08:14 AM
As I said, the carbs are killing us. And that likely includes about 90% of the folks here on BPN...