PDA

View Full Version : Fall Acorn

Christopher Miller
12-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Here's another photo in my ongoing acorns series. Since we've got snow now, I'm thinking of perhaps trying acorns in the snow next. :) Any C&C are welcome!

Olympus SP-550 UZ
f8.0 @ 1/50, ISO 200
Aperture priority mode, pattern metering, cloudy WB
Processed in PS CS2; slight crop from bottom, curves and levels adjustment, and slight saturation boost

Mike Moats
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey Chris, I like the idea, I might have angled the center vien in the leaf on more of a diagonal to the left.

Julie Kenward
12-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Chris I like the comp and the set up but it feels a little soft to me...even the acorn feels a bit off in the sharpness. Was it the jpeg upload? Also, it feels to be a bit on the yellow/orange side...did you do any hue or saturation adjustments?

Anita Bower
12-08-2009, 08:09 AM
I like the acorn and its placement. I think I would prefer a heavy crop showcasing the acorn.

Christopher Miller
12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks Mike, Jules, and Anita. Appreciate your comments.

Jules, I agree with you on it having a color cast, and, yes, I did give it a slight saturation boost using hue/saturation. In this repost, I tried to address both that issue and the sharpness. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the comp suggestions, Mike and Anita. Anita, normally I would like a heavier crop, but in this case I like the flow created by the leaf so I wouldn't.

Vida van der Walt
12-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi Christopher. I like the textures, detail and water drop on the acorn.:)

Christopher Miller
12-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks Vida!