PDA

View Full Version : Another Bosque Full Moon

david cramer
12-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Just as the sun began to hit the western mountains. I cropped out the moon's reflection as I felt it took the eye away from the more interesting parts of the image, and it was obscured by waves.

D3 with 70-200 @ 155mm, f/7.1, 1/400, ev -1, iso 1600 handheld. Noiseware applied to image.

http://davidcramer.smugmug.com/photos/733183536_TUrcA-XL.jpg

Robert Amoruso
12-06-2009, 12:22 PM
David,

Landscape forum, no birds allowed. Just kidding ;)

I agree that cloning out the moon reflection is a good choice. Was wondering when I would see an image like this. I have a pano I am working on but will only post once I get a larger one posted remotely so people can click on it to see it better.

I really like the tonality of the middle ground land and the depth the different tones in the Chupadera Mountains create. I would have preferred the moon either more or left in the frame but I like that particular section of the Chupader's so it is what it is, unless of course you want to move the moon. ;)

Dave Mills
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi David, Agree with Robert regarding the moon's placement but also like the soft lighting and layering of the image. Your exposure is good and I see you applied noiseware which I'm a bit surprised hearing that the D3 could easily handle that iso. Good overall but for my taste I would take a small amount off the top...

Klaus von Schwanebach
12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Good work David! I like the sharpness and soft tones of colors, specialy in the front area.

Roman Kurywczak
12-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey David,
I'll offer a different perspective.....mostly because I can't add anything to the above comments;).....I'll go for the vert presentation! Crop off the right....just to the pole....and then the rest off the left. This will take the moon off center and keep the flow and feel of the image..... sometimes it is best to go last!:D Very nicely thought out and captured.

Arthur Morris
12-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Last my butt. <smile> First, a question; did you use flash??? It sure seems so.

Count me in the get the moon out of the middle camp and also in the lose the telephone poles camp. More to come.

Phil Ginn
12-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Very nice image. I would be tempted to remove the power lines.