PDA

View Full Version : Tricolored Heron

Dennis Binda
12-06-2009, 04:26 AM
Mk 2N, 1/500s, f5.0, ISO 400, 500mm

Juan Aragonés
12-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Hi Dennis, I like the composition and soft light on this image, the relaxed pose of the bird and the really nice eye. On the other hand, I think that the processing job of the file produced an strange effect and I am not sure if it is due to something wrong in the sharpening process but the result is that the image seems to have a painting or a drawing quality (it seems that the black edeges in some parts of the plumage are very enhaced) :-)

Dennis Binda
12-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi Juan,

Not much processing done here, this is almost as it came out of the camera.

Dennis

kenn threed
12-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi Dennis, I like the composition and soft light on this image, the relaxed pose of the bird and the really nice eye. On the other hand, I think that the processing job of the file produced an strange effect and I am not sure if it is due to something wrong in the sharpening process but the result is that the image seems to have a painting or a drawing quality (it seems that the black edeges in some parts of the plumage are very enhaced) :-)

Hi Dennis,

I also like this... and find the technique quite interesting... (7am with flash?)... You've somehow produced a very nice "illustration" look. A bit unusual and quite lovely to my eye. Have you any other shots like it?

Kenn

Dennis Binda
12-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi, Kenn,

Flash with beamer was used because of backlight, forgot to mention it. Don't use this very much.
I have a few other pics from this session on my website, thought this was the best one.

Dennis

kenn threed
12-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks Dennis,

I didn't find the other shots from that session yet because I am distracted by SO MANY outstanding photos of lovely birds I've never seen before! You have a fabulous collection on display there, and excellent narratives describing the birds also. :)

I'd mention that the link in your BPN signature here is broken btw... It reads right, but the actual target URL is missing the "w".

Very impressive site,

Kenn

Nate Chappell
12-06-2009, 09:51 PM
I like it as posted Dennis, it does have a nice painterly effect.