PDA

View Full Version : Western Meadowlark

David Powell
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Shot last spring in arid New Mexico. Used my Jeep as a blind and a window mount.

Nikon D300, 500mm & 1.7 extender, ISO 400, f=7.1, 1/640 sec., manual exposure.

Limited PP.

Daniel Cadieux
12-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Nice singing pose, and I like the non-fence post perch :-) Some of the lighter areas are perhaps a little too light, and the yellows definitely need to be desaturated a bit as there is some clipping occurring. I wouldn't mind a bit more room - mainly right a nd above. Overall a strong photograph with tons of potential.

Doug Brown
12-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Awesome singing pose! Good to see you posting here. Can't comment on the image because I'm viewing it from my iPhone. I'll check it outon my laptop later.

Dave Leroy
12-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Excellent pose and a very nice perch. Agree with suggestions given- photo appears to need some toning down. Nice catch. Dave

Krijn Trimbos
12-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Great singing pose David! Love the open beak and scruffy feathers. I do agree with Daniel here that there is some clipping of the yellows going on, also I would give it a bit more room like Daniel suggested. I think a little more sharpening would also benefit the photo! Did you do some cloning work around the base of the perch because some of the colours look a bit off there......with a bit more work this could be one terrific photo IMO. Well done!

George Scott
12-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Agree with all of the comments - great image with a sweet BG, could maybe desaturate and sharpen some. Would definitely love to see a bit more canvas added to give him space. Congrats!