PDA

View Full Version : Lupine festival

Todd Levine
12-05-2009, 02:05 PM
This photo was made from three photos combined in Photomatix. I happened to take a few pictures at different exposures back in the summer and have now started getting into HDR images. This was my first image out of photomatix.

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark III

Date/Time: 2009:06:13 04:50:25
Shutter speed: 1/4 sec
Aperture: 3.5
ISO: 50
Focal length: 28mm

Indranil Sircar
12-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Beautiful composition! I like the multiple layers with a bit of fog in front and behind the tree lines. The backdrop of the mountains and that beautiful sky really adds to the image. The HDR has come out very well. Great exposure and color saturation all through. TFS.

Roman Kurywczak
12-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi Todd,
The HDR work looks pretty good. I do realize that it is difficult to find a place to cut the lupine but I would have preferred this with the FG ones a bit off center or entirely in ......perhaps even in fron of the FG few. As presented I may go with a pano...just above the FG group....but that's just for you to explore. The bit of fog adds to the overall scene.

Robert Amoruso
12-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Todd,

I do like the overall feel of the image but am wondering is the soft-focus affect is on purpose or caused by a lack of DOF or registration of the images in the HDR merge.

At f/3.5 you could have a lack of DOF as the sharpest area is 1/3 of the way into the image in the field. If the issue is HDR, try a different registration algorithm. If it is you intention, I think it looks pretty cool. Agree with Roman on the lower edge flower cuts.

Dave Mills
12-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Good advice by Robert and Roman. Have nothing more to add technically but do like the overall feel of the image. When I see a scene like this I will generally work it horizontally and vertically. A verical would also be strong with a nice clump of flowers in the fg sweeping out to the fog, mountains and sky...