PDA

View Full Version : Litchfield Hills

Rich Martin
02-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Photo was taken at sunset while heading home, Litchfield, CT. Nikon D80, Tamron 17 - 50mm lens @ 44mm, ISO 200, 1/60 Sec., f/9.0. Photo edited in PSE 3, contrat masking and slightly cropped.

Harold Davis
02-16-2008, 09:29 PM
there's something here that i cant put my finger on that's distracting me. i dont know if it's the limb in the top left or the metal gate. i like the peaceful feeling. i really think that metal gate just makes it seem a tick industrial.

curious to see what the others think.

Robert Amoruso
02-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi Rich.

Nice first post. I like the use of the protruding branch to provide some visual interest in the top of the image and provide balance with the tall trees inthe lower right. I think that thing that might be bothering Harold is the protruding branches on the letf lower corner. Some careful work in PS can get rid of those but it is easier in the field to move and remove the distraction. Edges are very important in a composition. I generally do not want small parts of larger elements protruding into the image at the edges as they distract the eye and draws attention from scenes main elements.

Rich Martin
02-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the advice. You're right, the lower left corner branches are distracting and add no value to the shot.
rich