PDA

View Full Version : Moonlit Dawn!

Ramesh Adkoli
12-05-2009, 12:27 AM
I went back to Lalbhag this morning to see if could take another image of the flowering tree that i posted earlier (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51133). Unfortunately all flower had fallen off. But, it was still dawn and i saw the moon peeking in and out of clouds. Here is a take on what i saw. Appreciate your views and comments.

D700, 14-24mm @24mm, 4s, f5.6, manual focus and exposure, tripod mount
PP in Capture NX2: adjusted WB, D-lighting (shadow recovery), noise reduction on the sky

regards,
ramesh

Dave Mills
12-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Hi Ramesh, Good solid comp with nice positioning between the moon,tree and path. I like the feint warm glow of late light along with the moon penetrating the sky. The path is distinguishable and lit with a pleasing softness.
Well done!

Ramesh Adkoli
12-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks, Dave. I am glad you liked the image. It is nice to hear those positive comments.

Regards,
ramesh

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Good lead in with the road, good composition and colors. Well done

Ramesh Adkoli
12-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks, Dennis.

Indranil Sircar
12-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Another beautiful composition, Ramesh. I like the soft light in the horizon and the faint glow of the moon with the curved path. TFS.

Ramesh Adkoli
12-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Thanks, Indranil

Roman Kurywczak
12-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi Ramesh,
Heading home today but I have a few minutes...very nice placement of the tree/moon and path. I do wonder what it would look like with a slight boost of contrast to the FG.....but all in all very nicely composed and handled!

Robert Amoruso
12-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Ramesh,

You are becoming the king of moody images here in the Landscape Forum and that is a good thing.

I agree with the comments on composition and see what Roman is talking about as it was my first thought viewing your image. I love the sky, moon and tree and the graduation of colors in the sky. The FG looks good but opening it up some and increase contrast is worth investigating. I tried using Shadows/Highlights to open up shadows and used the midtone contrast slider to bump the FG contrast. I then masked out the sky. I looked good so give it a try.

Nice work.

Ramesh Adkoli
12-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks a lot Roman and Robert for your kind words. I will give your suggestion a try.

regards,
ramesh