PDA

View Full Version : loon chick wing flap

Charles Glatzer
12-05-2009, 12:16 AM
This image is copyrighted material as indicated, and is watermarked! Unauthorized use or reproduction for any reason is prohibited

1Ds Mark III, 600mm, custom pontoon boat
Manual, incident, 1/400 @ f/5.6, ISO 800
Post-production-LR3, CS4

See you where there is light, or at the computer

Chas
<!-- / message -->

Tony Whitehead
12-05-2009, 03:31 AM
Too sweet. Love the flying droplets and wave in front of the chick.

denise ippolito
12-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Charles, Such a very cute little chick. Beautiful action captured. The water wave in front is nice as Tony noted.

Dan Busby
12-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Charles - nothing cuter than this little one! I am slightly distracted by the small area at the tip of the right wing - looks like an artifact. Also, I find the overall darkness of the background at odds with the playful nature of the subject. Great composition, exposure and sharp eye - must have been a real challenge out there on a pontoon!

Charles Glatzer
12-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Charles - nothing cuter than this little one! I am slightly distracted by the small area at the tip of the right wing - looks like an artifact. Also, I find the overall darkness of the background at odds with the playful nature of the subject. Great composition, exposure and sharp eye - must have been a real challenge out there on a pontoon!

I assume you are referencing the little feather on the edge of right wing tip. The water is reflecting summer tree foliage on an overcast day, it does not appear excessively dark on my monitor. Our custom modified pontoon boat provides a very stable and low to the water platform, outfitted with two trolling motors fore and aft it is ideal for loon photography.

Chas

James Littlejohn
12-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I like the colour contrast of the grey on the bird with the rich green of the water. Cute pose from the bird!

Scott Vincent
12-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Very nice Chas - great wing flap capture of a very appealing subject. If it were mine (and I wish it was), I would consider lessening the brightness of the specular/cloud reflections in the two or three largish areas in front of the subject - these large bright areas are taking my eye off of the subject. Always enjoy seeing your loon shots.

Paul Lagasi
12-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Way cute Chas...what a capture...