PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Coyote

Katie Rupp
12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
We saw this coyote along the side of the road and by the time I pulled over and got my camera ready to go, I only managed a few shots before he took off. This is full frame and while I wish I could have captured him coming towards me and with room for the other leg, I do like the sense of purpose from the raised leg and intense look.
C&C encouraged and greatly appreciated.

Canon 40D; f4, 1/640; Manual exp; ISO 800; 500mm; HH

Richard Waas
12-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Katie, very nice image with a quick grab and shoot. Very sharp details.... I am in Bosque today. Overcast and dreary, but having a ball. Are you still here?

Cheryl Flory
12-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Katie, I like the image for the same reasons you stated, but what I would like to know is how did you shoot at ISO 800 with the 40D without getting noise????

Danny J Brown
12-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Katie - I've never posted a comment on this forum but your coyote image really caught my eye as I was browsing around. You've captured a great pose with beautiful and natural color, as I see a lot of these critters here in Missouri. I love that slinky look on its face! Also, the image really pops and as mentioned above, good job with the ISO 800. Well done.

Gus Cobos
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi Lady Katie,
This is one sweet image and capture, I like the intense look. The color rendition and fine details are superb...very nice, congrats...looking forward to more...:cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
12-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Love the mood of the composition, eye and a FF image - nice and close. Good chance to try Remask or QM to clean up busy BG/highlights F/4 did best it could but bright spots are a tad distracting.

david cramer
12-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Great detail and posture. I'd also suggest toning down the bg.

Katie Rupp
12-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the positive comments. I quite like this guy as well.

Katherine Enns
12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Looks like she is hunting a field mouse. I didnt notice the bg until it was pointed out, because the coyote takes over the frame with its intense pose. This is really a cool photograph.

Alfred Forns
12-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Excellent Katie This is a great example of hand holding a lens !! This image would not have been possible with a tripod due to the set up time and lack of mobility !!

It is sharp and well exposed Maybe a little tight as presented but very appealing !!!!