PDA

View Full Version : Zabriski Sunset

susanschermer
12-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Exploration of the trail and accessing some height at sunset produced this landscape of the petrified dunes and colorful sky.
Canon 5D, 28-135 lens at 60mm. ISO250 f/9, 1/4sec.

Roman Kurywczak
12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Susan,
Beautiful colors and soft light. I don't mind the central placement of the darker area surrounded by the dunes (although I hope you took other angles)...perhaps a bit off the bottom and more of the lovely sky colors....but they may have ended there.....so I will take it as is! Very nicely done.

Dave Mills
12-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Susan, Beautiful pink glow in the sky along with soft lighting throughout. Agree with Roman that in this case the central placement works along with the pleasing textures. Well handled!

Nick Palmieri
12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Very nice! Love the colors and texture. The composition is pretty cool.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Great shot Susan

Michael Pancier
12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I love this place as well and like the interesting take on it. It's usually a sunrise shoot, but I love the skies and the totally different angle of this oft shot locale.

Lance Warley
12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey Susan, bring that sky back to Lox, please!

Beautiful contrasting colors.

Robert Amoruso
12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Susan,

I really like the composition. The central placement of the darker area draws you right in and to the mountains in the BG. However, the tan formations are strong enough on each side to capture the eye as it moves through the image. With the central placement, you portray the sides with the equal importance it deserves.

I reposted with a curves adjustment to increase contrast in the tan formations and masked out the rest. Saturation bump a bit in the going back and forth from BPN to computer so saturate as you see fit.