PDA

View Full Version : Cape Hunting Dog

Ken Watkins
12-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Marc has inspired me to look back at my more recent images, here is one taken in Kwando concession, Northern Botswana, 30th December 2008.

EOS 1d MkIIn

28-300 at 130mm

F6.3, 1/16000, ISO 800

Steve Kaluski
12-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi Ken, always good to see these animals, but I am not to sure about the PP on this one sadly.

Curious, is it a heavy crop, as its quite 'noisey' even for ISO 800 or perhaps a slight movement, not sure? Sorry to sound rather negative :-(

Steve

ChasMcRae
12-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Love to see these animals in photo since I never have seen one in the wild. On my "bucket" list !
Picture is a little busy and since this is not a contest with rules could get rid of right dog or crop and just have to get rid of head. Keep posting wild dog photos.

Marc Mol
12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Love to see these animals in photo since I never have seen one in the wild. On my "bucket" list !
Picture is a little busy and since this is not a contest with rules could get rid of right dog or crop and just have to get rid of head. Keep posting wild dog photos.

Agree with Chas, a joy to view nonetheless.
Nice title Ken ;)

Betsie Storm
12-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Ken, I like your image as it is- the running, splashing dog and the other one relaxing in the cool water tell a story. You will know what they were up to, but it looks like they were just having fun. PP wise, if anything I would warm the dogs a tad. I'll take *any* wild dogs for my files, even OOF, obscured ones. Thanks for sharing.